You can use our websites without disclosing your identity. Details of the information that we gather as standard when you access the websites is described below. If you register for any of our services or contact us via forms, there will be detailed information about how your data is processed in connection to your registration.
The Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to everyone who handles personal data. Personal information is all kinds of information that can be linked to a natural person. It can be anything from names, social security numbers and emails to pictures and IP addresses.
SafetyRespect handles personal data through, for example, registration, storage and mailing. We process personal data only for the purpose of performing necessary measures for our customers, suppliers and employees.
Personal data may be processed if there is a legal basis, such as:
• SafetyRespect has received approval / consent for personal data to be processed.
• When necessary for SafetyRespect as an employer, supplier or customer to be able to fulfill different types of agreements.
• Our interests in processing personal data outweigh the intrusion on the privacy of the individual.
SafetyRespect saves personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal data was collected. Storage also occurs in cases where we have to fulfill the legal obligations that follow from applicable laws. In such cases, personal data may be stored for a longer period of time.
Individuals affected have the right to know at any time what data is to be stored and have the right to demand that the data be deleted, provided that other provisions do not contradict it.
A cookie is a small text file that the website you are visiting asks to save on your computer. Cookies are used on many websites to allow visitors to use various functions and to give the best experience on the website. The information contained in cookies can for example be used to track how users are surfing.
Under the Electronic Communications Act, all visitors to a website with cookies must have access to information stating that the website contains cookies and the purpose for which cookies are used. Visitors must also consent to cookies being used.
The following cookies are used on safetyrespect.co.uk:
• _ga – Used by Google analytics to register an unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
• _gid – Used by Google analytics to register an unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
• _gat – Used by Google Analytics for throttle request rate.
• IDE – Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
• YSC – Used by Youtube to register an unique ID to keep statistics of what videos the user has seen.
• VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – Used by Youtube to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.
• GPS – Used by Youtube to register an unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.